Choosing the contact lenses that are right for you depends on your vision and the degree of comfort sought. There are types of contacts to suit almost anyone including:
- Soft lenses
- Toric contact lenses
- Multifocal contact lenses
- Corneal gas permeable lenses (RGP)
- Hybrid lenses (hard and soft)
- Piggyback lenses
- Prosthetic lenses
- Scleral lenses
Soft Contact Lenses
Soft contact lenses are the most commonly prescribed due to the fact that they are extremely comfortable. Soft contacts are now available in multi focal, toric (astigmatism), and even for overnight wear. Soft contact lenses include:
- Daily Wear: worn all day but must be removed and cleaned at night
- Extended Wear: worn overnight
- Disposable: worn for just one day, then discarded
- Color: can change the color of your eyes, even if vision correction is not needed
Hard Contact Lenses
Sometimes called rigid or gas-permeable lenses (RGP), hard contact lenses offer sharper vision and can correct severe nearsightedness or astigmatism.
At our practice, we offer all types and brands of contact lenses specifically fitted for each individual's needs. It is very important that your lenses are fitted correctly based on your prescription, eye shape and specific needs.
The most effective way to order your contact lenses is to call the office. They can then be mailed to you!